Sunday, April 22, 2012

Start Now

It doesn't matter if you are just starting your first job, or you are 60 and just haven't brought yourself to join your company's 401k. I'll take licence from Nike here "Just do it!"  If you have not been with your firm long enough to join the 401K - or they do not have one, open an IRA.  And start now - you don't have to wait until tax season.

We have become a consumer society and most of us spend more than we earn. Tithe 10% to your retirement.  Many commit that much to church.  If you love God - you need to also love yourself. There is no excuse, put pennies in a piggy bank, put dollars in an envelope, just do it.  Have one less latte at Starbucks, You can pass on that 6 pack of PBR.

I wish I had started earlier.  Here I am preaching to save and at 54 I am way behind myself. I am aggressively making the move - and I know you can too - lets do it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment